Tuesday, October 25, 2005

This Site and Free Speech

This site is part of the ever-growing new media. It is protected speech just as any newspaper or other media.

Elected officials in this town must realize that when the people vote them into office, they take on a great responsibility. That responsibility includes listening to their constituents concerns and to act in the best interests of the township.

This site never has, and never will take cheap shots at any candidate or elected official. I will, however, criticize decisions that I disagree with. Politics are an ugly game and criticism comes with the territory.

If any candidate or elected official disagrees with what I have written, they can contact me by e-mail or through the comments. If they are correct and I've written something that is in error, I will correct it immediately. Unlike the newspaper, my correction will not hidden on a back page where it's never seen.